Re: High Speed Rail Mudslinging Continues (Vartabedian)
Author: BOB2
Date: 07-10-2019 - 18:51

The LA Times has gone through several excellent transportation beat reporters in my career, that did not last, and a lot of poor ones, some still there....and, don't ask me why...?

One of the better ones went on to work in other parts of the country because of spousal relocation, a few I know "joined the enemy" for way fatter salaries, as agency PR "flacks", and others just "withered" and/or "wimped-out"... Like the one, who blinked, when malfeasance and outright lying was uncovered about the costs and traffic impacts from 110 toll lane project, but wasn't confident enough, even after others confirmed to him that the data he was given was reliable, to challenge the MTA, with the data he was given.

I've always thought that the Times ended up promoting the more self righteous "pot boilers" like Ralph and Laura, because they wrote such good fiction....not in spite of it....

The purpose of the LA Times has always been to make money for the owners, by selling ads, by attracting eyes or clicks. For a while it had a national reputation, in other iterations, and lately, not so much.

If you're looking for "truth, justice, and/or the American way" well.... You're not really dealing with Clark Kent, ya know....?

My view of this utter and complete misbegotten taxpayer financed self serving cluster-f##k at the CAHSRA "runaway money train", aside, Ralphs reporting does suck, it always has.... But, so does 90% of the BS coming out of Steetsblog….

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  High Speed Rail Mudslinging Continues (Vartabedian) Commenter 07-10-2019 - 11:29
  Re: High Speed Rail Mudslinging Continues (Vartabedian) les 07-10-2019 - 12:24
  Re: High Speed Rail Mudslinging Continues (Vartabedian) Steve 07-10-2019 - 14:18
  Re: High Speed Rail Mudslinging Continues (Vartabedian) les 07-10-2019 - 15:08
  Re: High Speed Rail Mudslinging Continues (Vartabedian) BOB2 07-10-2019 - 18:51
  do they even pay their journalist? les 07-10-2019 - 20:00

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com