Re: The author is the husband of that idiot who got 5 others killed at Valhalla, NY
Author: David Dewey
Date: 07-11-2019 - 08:19

I still remember one incident when I was still working at what was then known as the Portola Railroad Museum, there was a service road that crossed over the loop track tail and was where most of us "staff" parked; it was also where the dumpster was located. We had cause to go into town, so drove up the road, noted the excursion train locomotive was approaching, so stopped clear of the rail. Shortly the garbage truck came up behind us, proceeded to drive around us and would have driven right into the side of the locomotive had he not apparently "woken up" and stopped just short of the locomotive. I guess there hadn't been an operating train whenever he picked up the garbage so he wasn't looking for one.
See tracks, expect a train!!
Of course, this also reminds me of a cartoon showing two thugs tying a victim to some tracks; a farmer, plowing his field notices and says, "It's probably none of my business guys, but there hasn't been a train on those tracks for five years."

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Ideas for improving grade crossings. Pdxrailtransit 07-10-2019 - 16:52
  Re: Ideas for improving grade crossings. Cprr 07-10-2019 - 17:06
  The author is the husband of that idiot who got 5 others killed at Valhalla, NY Honesty 07-10-2019 - 18:33
  Re: The author is the husband of that idiot who got 5 others killed at Valhalla, NY BOB R 07-10-2019 - 21:11
  Re: The author is the husband of that idiot who got 5 others killed at Valhalla, NY BOB2 07-11-2019 - 05:55
  Re: The author is the husband of that idiot who got 5 others killed at Valhalla, NY David Dewey 07-11-2019 - 08:19
  Re: The author is the husband of that idiot who got 5 others killed at Valhalla, NY FUD 07-11-2019 - 12:14
  Re: The author is the husband of that idiot who got 5 others killed at Valhalla, NY George Andrews 07-11-2019 - 17:43
  Re: The author is the husband of that idiot who got 5 others killed at Valhalla, NY Peter 07-11-2019 - 07:15
  The NTSB is a political joke Amtrak 501 07-11-2019 - 09:32

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com