Re: GE supposedly the next Enron-And, don't forget to pick up some Lehman Brother's while it's cheap....But, GE don't make choo-choo's anymore...
Author: BOB2
Date: 08-16-2019 - 11:06

If he is right, I don't think many folks will be buying it up. Apparently quite a few folks bought some up this morning though. That could be covering short positions, it could be that some don't believe these stories, or folks just looking for bargains in a jittery market, and think valuations have sunk sufficiently to make GE attractive.

The real problem is that GE does have enormous problems with debt, and has been selling off valuable divisions, like their locomotive division, that other folks seem to think can make money, at what some have called bargain prices, to generate cash for the GE Corporate "mother ship", to cover that debt....

This is not news, many folks have been saying the same thing about GE's likely survival for the last 3 years.

This is also why GE's corporate fluctuations are no longer RR news....

I am more interested in what GE's former locomotive division is up to, what kind of orders are they getting or working on, exports, and new arrivals of delivered locomotives.

Some folks are right sometimes when they point out the core business problems and/or fiduciary fun and games, as at Enron, or "too good to be true" "trust me" scams like Madoff's. And a lot of smart money got out of Enron, before they took a bath, others listened to a management they trusted and they got f##ked. Jim Cramer told everyone who would listen to "buy" Lehman Brothers, to everyone who'd listen all through the collapse in 2008... and, we all see how that worked out. So, we'll just have to see...

I want to find me a GE narrow gauge 70 or 44 tonners, do any still exist, where, condition, photos? I need some real GE choo-choo...

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  GE supposedly the next Enron HUTCH 7.62 08-16-2019 - 08:56
  Re: GE supposedly the next Enron-And, don't forget to pick up some Lehman Brother's while it's cheap....But, GE don't make choo-choo's anymore... BOB2 08-16-2019 - 11:06
  Re: GE supposedly the next Enron-And, don't forget to pick up some Lehman Brother's while it's cheap....But, GE don't make choo-choo's anymore... HUTCH 7.62 08-16-2019 - 11:16
  Re: GE supposedly the next Enron-And, don't forget to pick up some Lehman Brother's while it's cheap....But, GE don't make choo-choo's anymore... Craig Tambo 08-19-2019 - 13:08
  Re: GE Narrow guage out there... Thanks Craig... BOB2 08-19-2019 - 13:53
  Re: GE Narrow guage out there... Thanks Craig... Craig Tambo 08-20-2019 - 23:40

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com