Re: The Death Train (Torrance Local) Again, maybe that was the El Segundo job I was thinking of?
Author: BOB2
Date: 09-03-2019 - 15:25

Then again maybe that was probably the El Segundo job, I was thinking of, that hit the food truck.

I remember the spice company down there at Torrance, you could smell that place from about a half a mile away, there were the old PE shops, where there were still cars spotted, and the aluminum spur, lots of weird street running, PE former double track street median running, weird bridges over, the tracks and street below, to the old steel works, that made the place seem like it had laid out like a full sized version, of a model railroad layout....

It was an interesting place to work, with the on-duty point in the old PE depot, in the middles of a railroad junction, in the middle of town in the middle of the street. With spurs and lines heading off in multiple directions.

And, of course we delivered lots of cars to (IIRC?) Montrose Chem, where they made the DDT, and for years dumped the residues into the storm drain down to the outlet of off Point Fermin, where the giant DDT plume, has finally been covered up by 40 years of sediment, encasing it, so the fish aren't taking it in, and allowing the Catalina eagles to recover. Way back when )70's and 80's)… there were a lot of those kind of hazmat loads down there along the old PE south branches out of Watts Jct.. It sounds like there still are.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  The Death Train (Torrance Local) hey y'all 09-02-2019 - 14:20
  Re: The Death Train (Torrance Local) sklinck1 09-02-2019 - 16:14
  Re: The Death Train (Torrance Local) WebDigger 09-02-2019 - 17:22
  Re: The Death Train (Torrance Local) I thought it was the crash with the food truck? BOB2 09-03-2019 - 11:11
  Re: The Death Train (Torrance Local) I thought it was the crash with the food truck? usmc1401 09-03-2019 - 12:09
  Re: The Death Train (Torrance Local) Again, maybe that was the El Segundo job I was thinking of? BOB2 09-03-2019 - 15:25

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com