Prediction: Voters are Not Going to Approve SMART's Tax Extension
Author: Mueller
Date: 10-17-2019 - 07:49

They're at it again.

Could someone explain to me why a tax extension measure is put on the ballot 9 years
before the current tax expires? And one that extends the tax until 2059? Surely, they must be joking!

How can this agency argue that if the tax doesn't pass they'll be facing cutbacks but if it does pass -- and doesn't change its tax revenues by a penny until April 2029 -- it will continue to provide the promised services?

When the time comes I'm sure voters won't vote to dissolve SMART. But the Board seems to trying to make that case now. I don't get it. They're positioning themselves for failure at the ballot box.

The extension measure requires a 2/3 vote. The agency has lost San Rafael and central Marin voters due to traffic. Are Sonoma voters so dumb that they'll believe anything Farhad and the lackeys on the Board say?

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Prediction: Voters are Not Going to Approve SMART's Tax Extension Mueller 10-17-2019 - 07:49
  Re: Prediction: Voters are Not Going to Approve SMART's Tax Extension SMARTiePants 10-17-2019 - 09:54
  Re: Prediction: Voters are Not Going to Approve SMART's Tax Extension synonymouse 10-17-2019 - 10:09
  Re: Speaking of Lemmings... BOB2 10-17-2019 - 10:36

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com