Hi
Author: R.C.B. Schell
Date: 11-06-2019 - 00:32

Great area. I actually saw that shootout with the bus first hand while stuck in traffic on 101. That was the event that the movie was built from. Before that the SP had brought down an engine--2472 currently at Point Sunol with the GGRM--and whenever I drove by I'd always look toward the trestle hoping to see the steam engine working. A couple of times I did see it chugging across the trestle moving boxcars from the pig slaughterhouse at Corte Madera. At least think that's what it was--traffic was moving fast on those days and I could see very well. Anyways, great area and yes has changed a little bit.

Soon 2472 will return triumphantly running excursions to Larkspur. You wait and see. I had this idea back in the 70s and others who had the time on their hands to do the work followed through on my idea so I am grateful to them for proving I was so right.

Please research more on this.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Callahan searching for SMART in Greenbrae Which way, Harry? 11-05-2019 - 20:26
  Re: Callahan searching for SMART in Greenbrae dickster g 11-05-2019 - 22:14
  I got used to the bars Uncle Joey 11-06-2019 - 17:21
  Re: I got used to the bars dickster g 11-06-2019 - 22:10
  Hi R.C.B. Schell 11-06-2019 - 00:32

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com