Re: Olympian Hiawatha on the S-curve bridge
Author: Rick-Larkspur
Date: 11-09-2019 - 17:55

Milwaukee RH,
Thanks for your valuable input on this matter. As a colleague, I would like to invite you to comment further on other matters that may arise in the future in this forum as well as, if you would be so kind, to solicit your advice in a matter of importance which was only recently discussed here. It is only coincidentally relevant to the present line of discussion but I would like to bend your ear with it nonetheless. You see, I came to the exact same conclusion as you with regards to the qualifications and bona fides of the members of this board as a result of this coincident matter. Like you I have important upper management people living near me, and I have driven by the railroads in my area during my commute for decades, studying them closely. The matter I would like your input on is the presence of a Southern Pacific 4-6-2 locomotive in the city of Larkspur in the county of Marin. You may know of this area if you have seen the move Dirty Harry Callahan. I actually saw the real life version of that--the events that inspired the movie--while driving on the freeway. So, do you know of when and for how long the SP 2472, or NWP 2472 as it was known when it was on the NWP in the 70's and 80's, was located in Larkspur?

Do you have any pictures in your books of it in Larkspur as it rusted away on the sleepers?

Thanks for consulting on this important historical controversy, although I suspect it is only controversial within the confines of this forum where imbecility is the primary characteristic of the membership.

Are you a member of the NWPRR.NET Network?

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Milwaukee S Curve Trestle - Tacoma WA Steve Carter 11-09-2019 - 10:57
  Re: Milwaukee S Curve Trestle - Tacoma WA Milwaukee Road Historian 11-09-2019 - 11:49
  Re: Olympian Hiawatha on the S-curve bridge Milwaukee Road Historian 11-09-2019 - 15:19
  Re: Olympian Hiawatha on the S-curve bridge RE: M.R. Historian 11-09-2019 - 15:47
  Re: Olympian Hiawatha on the S-curve bridge Rick-Larkspur 11-09-2019 - 17:55
  Re: Olympian Hiawatha on the S-curve bridge Milwaukee Road Historian 11-09-2019 - 21:13
  Re: Olympian Hiawatha on the S-curve bridge Milwaukee fan 11-10-2019 - 16:11
  Re: Milwaukee S Curve Trestle - Tacoma WA Peter D. 11-15-2019 - 13:02
  Re: Milwaukee S Curve Trestle - Tacoma WA HUTCH 7.62 11-09-2019 - 12:20
  Re: Milwaukee S Curve Trestle - Tacoma WA Bill Maltby 11-09-2019 - 13:19
  Re: Milwaukee S Curve Trestle - Tacoma WA BOB R 11-11-2019 - 15:18

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com