Yesterday's (Nov 14th) Starlight Detours
Author: Drew Jacksich
Date: 11-15-2008 - 09:14

I managed to catch both #11 and #14 in the Caliente to Walong area. #11 had two P42's with an Cascade F59PHI between them, no PV's. They got to Caliente close to 1 PM and went straight up the hill, no delays at all. There was a lot of mow equipment and UP minions at Walong, so any kind of a shot there seemed unlikely.

After Walong, I tried to beat them to Tehachapi, but they outran me, passing #14 in the process. #14 had just two P42's but had the PV "Tioga Pass" on the rear. Shot it at Woodford, Bealville and Caliente. Gave up after that as the valley was full of smoke.

No problem from any of the UP people, drove right past them at Bealville and Caliente without any questions. Guess I don't look enough like a terrorist.

BTW, someone on board the Tioga Pass called my name, but I couldn't make out any faces.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Yesterday's (Nov 14th) Starlight Detours Drew Jacksich 11-15-2008 - 09:14
  Re: Yesterday's Starlight Detours-the photos begin Drew Jacksich 11-15-2008 - 18:19
  Re: Yesterday's Starlight Detours-the photos begin Chris Guenzler 11-15-2008 - 23:41
  Re: Yesterday's Starlight Detours-the photos begin Tom 11-17-2008 - 07:49
  Re: Yesterday's Starlight Detours-some more Drew Jacksich 11-17-2008 - 12:40
  Re: P42's Look Like..... DzNtz 11-20-2008 - 21:17
  Re: Yesterday's Starlight Detours-the photos begin Pierre A Plauzoles 11-21-2008 - 20:54

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com