Re: Another Thin Edge of the Wedge to Eliminate Train Crews
Author: Nudge
Date: 12-07-2019 - 11:48

The real blow up was when two trains got together, head on, at Kelso. It was in the early 90s, I think. The carriers were first to jump about putting in PTC, with the unions right behind. I think it was about 2 weeks?

Well, everything faded away when the carriers found out they would have to pay the bill. Well, the crowning "touch" was the BNSF sued one of the dead engineers. They were going to take his car, his house, etc. I don't think the family had buried their dead yet.

And, there it sat for years. Too much money said the carriers and Uncle Sam wouldn't foot the bill.

Same story about putting 2 way fred's on the rear. It took a few lives with that. CP made it law on their pike.

And on it goes.

Nudge

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Another Thin Edge of the Wedge to Eliminate Train Crews Pdxrailtransit 12-05-2019 - 13:02
  Re: Another Thin Edge of the Wedge to Eliminate Train Crews Guest 12-05-2019 - 17:44
  Re: Another Thin Edge of the Wedge to Eliminate Train Crews Dr Zarkoff 12-05-2019 - 20:38
  Re: Another Thin Edge of the Wedge to Eliminate Train Crews Guest 12-06-2019 - 17:21
  Re: Another Thin Edge of the Wedge to Eliminate Train Crews Dr Zarkoff 12-06-2019 - 21:11
  Re: Another Thin Edge of the Wedge to Eliminate Train Crews Nudge 12-07-2019 - 11:48
  Re: Another Thin Edge of the Wedge to Eliminate Train Crews OPRRMS 12-07-2019 - 12:52

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com