Re: I suspect this tech will mess with ILWU soon
Author: George Andrews
Date: 12-10-2019 - 17:42

Several issues I see with The Mouse's synopsis, not the least being that the Longshore Union ( ILWU ) would stop work and walk off the job - In The BLINK of an EYE - if they even THINK one of their jobs might be cut. And they still have enough power & leverage to shut down the International Ports in the U.S. I've seen it done, from behind my windshield.
ILWU isn't stupid ( ignorant maybe ) - they have seen the driverless hostling trucks that move most of the containers inside European Ports; even GPS & Computer - controlled ship cranes with an low - wage " just in case " operator to pull out the STOP button when things go BOINK. The bigger threat to ILWU job security is coming from within, as a Federal Court in Portland,OR. just entered a judgement against ILWU -- for NINETY - THREE MILLION DOLLARS ( and change ); this resulting from a ILWU work slowdown at Portland some years ago that ended up chasing away Hanjin Steamship Co. & causing great financial harm to the Steavadoring Company contracted by Port of Portland. This BIG fuss was over TWO JOBS plugging in reefer containers to standby power when they arrived at the Port !!! Maybe someone here can find the court judgement article and post it for computer - challenged me; it was in the local papers a week or so ago. If the court judgement stands, it would bankrupt the ILWU.
Regarding driverless trucks in the U.S., I've pointed out the fallacies & foibes of this theory before; suffice it to say that There ain't NO computer DUMB enough to hang chains on a Tractor - Trailer and go play in the Sierra Cement !!!

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  I suspect this tech will mess with ILWU soon synonymouse 12-10-2019 - 11:08
  Re: I suspect this tech will mess with ILWU soon M. Harris 12-10-2019 - 11:43
  Re: I suspect this tech will mess with ILWU soon Pdxrailtransient 12-10-2019 - 13:31
  Re: I suspect this tech will mess with ILWU soon theconductor 12-10-2019 - 16:03
  Re: I suspect this tech will mess with ILWU soon J.K. Trowling 12-10-2019 - 17:13
  Re: I suspect this tech will mess with ILWU soon George Andrews 12-10-2019 - 17:42
  Re: I suspect this tech will mess with ILWU soon JACKSON 12-10-2019 - 19:21
  Re: I suspect this tech will mess with ILWU soon The Squad 12-10-2019 - 23:10
  Re: I suspect this tech will mess with ILWU soon Stu 12-11-2019 - 03:36
  Re: I suspect this tech will mess with ILWU soon Yuma Mike 12-11-2019 - 13:59
  Re: I suspect this tech will mess with ILWU soon J.K. Trowling 12-11-2019 - 14:16
  Re: I suspect this tech will mess with ILWU soon Bolinger 12-11-2019 - 20:45

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com