Ride a Bus to Catch the Virginia & Truckee in Mound House?
Author: Jim Lohse
Date: 11-24-2008 - 21:04

I get the Nevada Appeal by mail in Reno, so it comes a few days after it's printed. I do scan the paper online daily, and I missed this article until I got the paper: [www.nevadaappeal.com]

It discusses the future for the V&T Recon project given that Carson City voters withheld another $10 million by a 61-39 vote.

Keep in mind the next phase of trackbuilding takes the track across Highway 50 in "far-east Carson City" a couple miles driving distance away from the planned Drako Way depot location in Carson City. I have posted two project maps at renorailfans.com if you want a visual.

Highlights of the article are Commissioners discussing the idea of starting operations by having riders park at the Drako Way depot to board a bus, ride the bus a couple miles to board the train, and then taking a train to Virginia City.

The idea is that while the Commission is threatening to take the Gray's real Virginia Truckee Railroad by eminent domain, they will concurrently have an agreement with the Gray's to operate on the existing tracks. Talk about chutzpah!

Read the article for various quotes, at the end that idiot jerk Jim Lohse says "I'm not sure the railroad will run in the long term without a financial subsidy."

Gosh, I was only quoting Gordon Sampson!

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Ride a Bus to Catch the Virginia & Truckee in Mound House? Jim Lohse 11-24-2008 - 21:04
  Re: Ride a Bus to Catch the Virginia & Truckee in Mound House? rich hall 11-25-2008 - 08:46
  Re: Ride a Bus to Catch the Virginia & Truckee in Mound House? Alfred Doten 11-26-2008 - 12:39
  Re: Ride a Bus to Catch the Virginia & Truckee in Mound House? rich hall 11-26-2008 - 15:33

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com