The Siskiyou Line
Author: Bill K.
Date: 12-17-2008 - 07:05

I watched channel 12, (KDRV Medford, OR) last night and was surprised to see an article about the Siskiyou Line: The small California City of Montague is teaming up with the City of Weed and Siskiyou County to explore the possibility of operating the line. No name was given as to who would operate it, but I would not be surprised if the Yreka Western would be in line for the job.

The City of Montague has received a $70,000 grant to research the proposal, and is currently in contact with the owner of the line, Union Pacific. No further information about that at this time.

It is strange, because I was under the impression RailMark was working to take over the Siskiyou line. But then again, there are unsubtantiated rumors RailMark has bought out the YW, or at least purchased notes delaying foreclosure on the YW and engine #19. Either way, it would be a great benefit for the Siskiyou line to be reopened.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  The Siskiyou Line Bill K. 12-17-2008 - 07:05
  Re: The Siskiyou Line J Mann 12-18-2008 - 08:03
  Re: The Siskiyou Line Bill K. 12-19-2008 - 09:15
  Re: The Siskiyou Line (Bill...) Signal 1011 12-19-2008 - 17:46
  Re: The Siskiyou Line (Bill...) Bill K. 12-22-2008 - 08:21

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com