Modoc Happenings 10-3-20
Author: Tom Mueller
Date: 10-04-2020 - 08:18

From South to North

Alturas was filled with the standard 120/150 center beams and two chip cars. The chip cars may be the one that have been there for over a month. It appears they were moved farther south in the yard since my last visit. The KFalls train was sitting on the main south of the wye with 25 loads (19 perlite/6 Center beans of lumber). The UP power was tied up north of wye short of Parker Creek Road. Lots of debris and trash in the yard office area but only a Kershaw tie extractor was see with regards to MOW.

The Goose Lake was tied up at County Rd 81 as expected. 3854 and 3852 were the power for the train of 28 empty covered hoppers (no center beams). Sorry No GP15 (does anyone know if is has been delivered?)

I waited until 430 pm for the crew to return and they did not. I had hoped to grab a shot or two on Canby Hill but with this late of a departure the light would have been awful so I packed it in.

FYI- there is still one locomotive (80 tonner?) and couple of boxcars sitting in the old lumber mill west of town

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Modoc Happenings 10-3-20 Tom Mueller 10-04-2020 - 08:18
  Re: Modoc Happenings 10-3-20 ble692 10-04-2020 - 13:21
  Re: Modoc Happenings 10-3-20 CBK 10-06-2020 - 06:52
  Re: Modoc Happenings 10-3-20 Rumors 10-06-2020 - 14:50

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com