Goos Lake RR/Modoc update
Author: Tom Mueller
Date: 10-11-2020 - 09:54

Figuring GOOS left Lakeview for Alturas early on Sat morning I did so also. I arrived in Alturas and found the “norm”- a lot of Center beams . A 28 car train of empty hoppers was on the main facing the wye. Both UP units were tied up north of the wye on the stub track. I headed towards Lakeview to find the SB GOOS train. I was thinking I would locate it near Goose Lake. Good thing I looked to my left about 15 to 20 miles north of Alturas. There it was with 3254 and 3252 (still no GP15!!!!). For it to be this far south meant they departed Lakeview about 5 am or so. As usual 10 mph would be an over statement as to their speed. The train had 21 perlite loads and two center beams. I “chased” it back to Alturas before heading home. So for the time being the GOOS runs Alturas on SAT mornings with the UP coming down and laying over Friday night/Sat morning. GOOS will pick up their return train and head up to county road 182 where they tie up and drive home. I believe they return to the train on Monday and take it back to Lakeview.

With winter light approaching catching the UP training will be limited at best.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Goos Lake RR/Modoc update Tom Mueller 10-11-2020 - 09:54

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com