Re: Actual Title: Will California realize (or maybe "realsize"?) its high-speed ambitions?
Author: BOB2
Date: 11-23-2020 - 16:31

It's interesting that there is a typo in the article of Freudian importance.... Realize was misspelled as Realise, but I thought immediately, and part of the article confirms that, that it might as well be to "realsize" CA's high speed ambitions...?

Despite the delusional nature of the poster, the subject is an "interesting" interview with the CAHSRA CEO Brian Kelly. And yes, it is propaganda, but you can learn a lot from propaganda like this, both from what is says, and from what it doesn't say...

The myriad of lame excuses and the pitch for the "vision" are both pretty predictable. But, more interesting were the permutations regarding what happens to this "white elephant" segment, now being constructed between Coalinga and Chowchilla, in terms of operations. That gets much more interesting as to how we will make use of this gold plated segment, when, and if it is every done....

And, while blaming Trump adds a nice touch, but in this case it's the incompetence of CA, at least in this case, and not the incompetence of the Great Leader, that is to blame.

If I get part of that right, we're in the process of analysis of potential ridership for the truncated segment (what a concept?)... And, did I get that right, the San Joaquin Corridor has already pre-empted the incompetent CAHSRA, as the designated institutional operator? I'd heard those rumblings, but was unaware it has come to be...

The goal of pissing away as much money as possible (now up to a rate of $100 million per month after a "slow" start) on completing the first segment, And, of pissing away whatever is left of the bond money on "planning" the whole system (on things like the Pacheco boondoggle, on planning nonsense such as the bloated gold plated proposals for the segment proposed at the Burbank Airport), without any means to pay for actually building any of it, seems to be his main career goal now, at CAHSRA....

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Crazy Train PR synonymouse 11-23-2020 - 10:31
  Re: Actual Title: Will California realize (or maybe "realsize"?) its high-speed ambitions? BOB2 11-23-2020 - 16:31
  Realize Realise WebDigger 11-23-2020 - 17:03
  Re: Realize Realise synonymouse 11-24-2020 - 09:23

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com