Re: It's all 2007 and 2013(?) updates of business plan...parts finally funded, and market for daylight?
Author: BOB2
Date: 11-28-2020 - 14:45

Hey Bob2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A (long) while back, there was talk and even
> studies of connecting SLO and SJC with more trains
> than an occasional Starlight. Then crickets. Any
> rumors from the south end of the state about what
> happened, or didn't happen? I presume the primary
> issue is money, with the secondary being whose
> empire (Surfliner, Capitol Corridor, or something
> new) it's part of.
>
> CapCorridor for now seems to be concentrating on
> the process of moving their trains to the Mulford
> line, abandoning Hayward (hey, Hayward has BART,
> why does it need Amtrak?) and Centerville, though
> Centerville will probably still be a stop for ACE.

This is almost all State and Local monies, and lack of local monies, like in Ventura County, means that money is reprogrammed to counties that have local shares, like SBCAG, which has funds for some of the SB Co. improvements. This is also maybe a bit of a nod on the part of the CTC to those who have been complaining about the "runaway money train" while things like these improvements have been long delayed?

LOSSAN South has OCTA and SAN (whatever Hasan's new acronym is???) DAG. which own the respective lines and easements, unlike a good part of LOSSAN North, beyond the segments and easements owned by LACMTA on the UP Coast Line, and are making improvements that benefits the commute services, so for them that is a win-win where you've seen a lot more double track and grade separations being put in place.

As to Daylights and markets, there's plenty of room in this corridor for intercity and commute market growth with more frequent service, especially more peak, reverse flow, and pm services on LOSSAN North. If you consider travel times it is at least 30% faster than peak travel times on most of the corridor. Service frequency more so than travel times savings have show the greatest growth factor in attracting new ridership, although all of these corridors could use 20 to 30 reductions for express services.

I could even make the argument that for 3 billion, buying, and another 3 billion in upgrading the Coastline to 90-110 would be more cost effective than the "runaway money train", due to the many mid sized high trip generating and regional urban centers it serves in a constrained highway corridor.... But, I be running the whole north corridor with a daylight every hour on such a line, with an 8.5 hour running time from LAUPT to SFO, and half hour peak local departures. Because now you are talking Brightline Florida potential numbers, on one of the most scenic and underused rail lines in America.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  UP Coast Line Upgrades? Cuesta Container Co 11-27-2020 - 18:48
  What sidings are getting CTC? Ellwood 11-27-2020 - 22:15
  It's been published, I can't find it Ellwood 11-27-2020 - 22:19
  Re: It's been published, I can't find it-Neith could I-here is the complete business plan project list for 2020-2021 FY BOB2 11-28-2020 - 07:16
  Re: It's been published, I can't find it-Neith could I-here is the complete business plan project list for 2020-2021 FY Hey Bob2 11-28-2020 - 10:16
  Re: It's been published, I can't find it-Neith could I-here is the complete business plan project list for 2020-2021 FY Hayward Jablowme 11-28-2020 - 13:56
  Re: It's been published, I can't find it-Neith could I-here is the complete business plan project list for 2020-2021 FY Ivan the Sneak 11-28-2020 - 23:20
  Re: It's all 2007 and 2013(?) updates of business plan...parts finally funded, and market for daylight? BOB2 11-28-2020 - 14:45
  Funally funded, and market for daylight?!! Mumford 11-28-2020 - 15:57
  Re: UP Coast Line Upgrades? Nudge 11-29-2020 - 14:17

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com