Re: Homeless, Hobo's, and Trolls?
Author: BOB2
Date: 12-08-2020 - 04:13

Yeah Bob, the troll is a pretty sad piece of work...

"Homeless/Hobo" camps are not a new problem though. I remember my father taking me on a drive to see "hick's camp" (a combination of "slum" trailer park and "okie" camp)that was then located along the Rio Hondo, down by the SP, near El Monte, back when I was about eleven years old... It was cleared in the 1960's. My dad had been a Reserve Sheriff for about five years when I was young, and had been there many times, on calls. He told me these were some of the poorest people he'd ever seen, and he was raised in the Depression. Today, there are still encampments along the Rio Hondo, you can see them under the Metrolink/SP flyover...

When I did traffic studies with Caltrans, my CT opposite took me to see several infamous Caltrans cardboard "housing projects" around underpasses on the I-5... It used to be called "living rough".... Between the homeless problem and the graffiti problem, a friend, who was the Caltrans Director for LA, started a campaign to plant Bougainvillea, around bridges nd on the ROW to make it "un-fun"....

And, Vancouver BC, it's a problem that's been pretty awful for at least the last 30 years old... On the other hand, SF has a big problem, but mostly seem to keep a lot of it contained to place like the Tenderloin and the old "industrial" districts.

Many of these folks have problems they've created for themselves, but a good half in these in big cities are mentally ill or mentally disabled, and not having a decent mental health system, or supervised housing for some of these folks, is kind of a national embarrassment.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Homeless fire next to UP tracks in Irwindale "homeless community" aka BUMS 12-06-2020 - 21:04
  Re: Homeless fire next to UP tracks in Irwindale Jornalero del muro fronterizo 12-06-2020 - 21:15
  Homeless fire next to UP tracks in Irwindale Boivin 12-06-2020 - 22:05
  Re: Homeless fire next to UP tracks in Irwindale Jornalero del muro fronterizo 12-07-2020 - 05:02
  Re: Homeless fire next to UP tracks in Irwindale J.K. Trowling 12-07-2020 - 07:59
  Re: Homeless fire next to UP tracks in Irwindale LOL 12-07-2020 - 13:26
  Re: Homeless fire next to UP tracks in Irwindale Craig Tambo 12-07-2020 - 22:06
  Re: Homeless fire next to UP tracks in Irwindale Ivan the Sneak 12-07-2020 - 22:49
  Re: Homeless fire next to UP tracks in Irwindale Chuck 12-08-2020 - 10:50
  Re: Homeless fire next to UP tracks in Irwindale 12-07-2020 - 19:59
  Re: Homeless fire next to UP tracks in Irwindale BOB R 12-07-2020 - 21:05
  Re: Homeless, Hobo's, and Trolls? BOB2 12-08-2020 - 04:13
  Re: Homeless, Hobo's, and Trolls? Chuck 12-08-2020 - 10:53

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com