Re: You must have been banned
Author: Reader
Date: 01-07-2021 - 22:27

Nudge reported problems with TO on this board before, and Todd C. posted this response. But from Julio says, it does sound like Nudge's account might have been blocked.

http://www.altamontpress.com/discussion/read.php?1,132283,132371#msg-132371

Re: TO Site
Author: Todd Clark
Date: 04-20-2016 - 09:55

I was directed to this thread. We do not remove postings that we have opposing opinions on. We will yank vulgar, offensive, and political directed messages. However, we don’t remove all that many. Most of those that get removed are ones we receive complaints about from our membership that contact us. If we went through and moderated postings based on personal opinion I would be 6 feet under by now, dead from the stress.

As for Nudge, we haven’t removed any of his messages. Over the years Nudge contacted us a few times about missing threads. We found that he forgot where he posted the message:

-------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Nudge:

> I sent an answer to the passenger board this AM and it said it was accepted. I just looked for > it and its gone.

I believe the post you are referring to is actually on the Western Railroads forum:

[www.trainorders.com]

Regards,
Trainorders.com Support
----------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Nudge:

> There was a thread on the 21st at 11:07 AM about radiation and its gone. Any idea where? It > was on the Western board.

Here you go:

[www.trainorders.com]

Regards,
Trainorders.com Support

It is not uncommon for members to forgot where they posted their message, and we regularly get similar messages like the one above asking where their message is. Other members will click the preview button instead of the post button so their message never gets posted.

In closing, Trainorders has over 5000 members and with the thousands of messages posted weekly there is no way we could perform editorial moderation without driving away most of our membership.

Todd Clark
Trainorders.com

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Train Orders Web Master Nudge 01-07-2021 - 17:57
  Re: Train Orders Web Master Hey! 01-07-2021 - 18:04
  Re: Train Orders Web Master Toad 01-07-2021 - 19:10
  You must have been banned Julio 01-07-2021 - 22:14
  Re: You must have been banned Not Julio 01-07-2021 - 22:21
  Re: You must have been banned Reader 01-07-2021 - 22:27
  Re: How To Post Juppo 01-08-2021 - 10:43

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com