trains watch and learn
Author: John
Date: 01-10-2021 - 18:53

The boredom brought on by Covid has me around the computer much more than usual. Think Trains. I am humbled to say i started watching live rail cams. Now i have a better idea of what's going on in the real world of railroading. I enjoy the Belen, New Mexico BNSF location, very busy sometimes with three trains rolling by at once. Mapquest says 110 trains every 24 hours. Lots more Fedex containers than I had seen in the past. Amazon prime containers now along with the traditional carriers UPS ,Hunt. etc. Way more boxcar traffic than I thought existed. You seldom see boxcars spotted anywhere yet they are common on manifests. I watched the train crews getting off the locomotives around midnight last night and thought what a tough job it really is. There was light snow . It looked cold, dark and miserable out .The westward crew change is about 400 miles away so even the fast trains must work some long hours.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  trains watch and learn John 01-10-2021 - 18:53
  Re: trains watch and learn Chuck 01-11-2021 - 11:56
  Re: trains watch and learn WebDigger 01-11-2021 - 13:42
  Re: trains watch and learn John 01-11-2021 - 17:32

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com