Sparks Industrial Tracks-Update
Author: Tom Mueller
Date: 01-17-2021 - 17:26

There were quite a few queries about the locals and the Sparks industrial area. Here is what I know and believe to be accurate as of now-please correct if I am mistaken-Also please consult with the [www.openrailwaymap.org] the detail is as accurate as you could ask for

*West of McCarran the only activity out of the yard is a short team spur (south side) off of Hymer a reload company is using
*The industrial lead that crosses Glendale (west of McCarran) and does a 180 at the river has no business and the portion that crosses Greg St (westernmost crossing) is officially out of service. I also notices gates across the tracks on the southside of Greg St on both crossings
* Both of tracks crossing Glendale east of McCarran are active. The west crossing goes south and crosses Greg st servicing Reno lumber-ConAgra and a cement plant ( plus a couple of other businesses). The East crossing is to the warehouse the BNSF local parks behind ( I have not seen it there in a while though)
* The overpass crossing of I-80 is in service but I do not believe any of the 3 or 4 business that have tracks are utilizing rail service

There might still be two locals working east-“Fernley Flyer” and Lovelock Local” between these two Fallon and the Tahoe Pacific industrial park are serviced. I have no clue about operating schedules

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Sparks Industrial Tracks-Update Tom Mueller 01-17-2021 - 17:26

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com