Re: The Toad leases the Monterey Branch
Author: Eric Nelson
Date: 04-06-2021 - 08:54
Itís funny how so many of you manly men have some sort of obsession with Todd Clark and his business affairs. As they say, WTF? Iím pretty sure he could not care less what people here think of him and Trainorders.com because he is not involved in its day-to-day operation anymore. There has been staff for that for years.
How many of you Basement Monday Morning Quarterbacks have accomplished one thing on this list?
- Produced and sold successful and professional quality VHS railroad videos (Icon).
- Created one of the first railroad discussion, webcam, and media sharing websites about 25 years ago to promote the VHS videos. Then when interest in those disappeared, he spun it off as a subscription-based site to continue to make a profit, and still does. In this day of free discussion and sharing on Facebook and group email lists, that it still is profitable speaks volumes.
- Managed and sold many private car charter trips (and didnít steal peopleís deposits like that other outfit we know).
- Created a museum with tens of thousands of dollars worth of antique and contemporary railroad signals, including a one-of-a-kind experimental LED US&S H2. Then DONATED all the equipment to deserving railroad museums across the country when he lost interest in that.
- Now, successfully waded the bureaucracy and is running these public handcar trips on the Monterey Branch. The handcars are amazingly crafted, from the videos Iíve seen.
And Iím sure there are things Iím leaving off and forgetting, but please continue to obsess over the man.