Re: $117 billion High Speed Rail Plan... No, not that one.
Author: Steamfan
Date: 07-16-2021 - 16:47

I know long distance train fans don't want to hear it but it seems to me that the Northeast Corridor should be a focus of Amtrak infrastructure spending considering that it gets the heaviest ridership. That is spending money where there can be a real return on investment. If Amtrak was a real company it would focus on improving and growing business in that corridor. Surplus money made on the NEC can then be spent supporting other underperforming operations.

It's like the CALTRAIN electrification or the LAUS run-thru that BOB2 talks about. There will be a actual return on the investments. If taxpayer money is going to be spent I would prefer it to be spent in ways that makes sense and encourages more people to use the service. Not wasted on trains that no-one is riding.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  $117 billion High Speed Rail Plan... No, not that one. Commenter 07-15-2021 - 21:21
  Re: $117 billion High Speed Rail Plan... No, not that one. Steamfan 07-16-2021 - 16:47
  Re: $117 billion High Speed Rail Plan... No, not that one. JMann 07-16-2021 - 17:09

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com