Re: "I saw . . . " -- Please help us by providing a link
Author: WebDigger
Date: 09-01-2021 - 23:02

On 09-01-2021 - 20:36, BN Oly Wrote: [www.altamontpress.com]
-------------------------------------------------------
> It was behind a paywall, do you enjoy getting paywall notifications? Why post a link that's just going to piss off everyone who clicks on it? THats why i said behind a paywall in my initial post.

[D]o you enjoy getting paywall notifications? -- Believe it or not, even though it's frustrating, I try to not let it bother me. That a webpage may have some restriction is useful information, but the more important information is what was the page you wanted to see (and share)?

A website owner may restrict access to a page for any one or more of many reasons and/or circumstances. A webpage that may be blocked for one user may still be accessible for another. There may be ways to get around an access restriction, and/or there may be other sources for the same information. So, again, the important information is the address of the page that has the information you saw and want to share; information that access to the page may be restricted is less important.

One AP poster, known by several names, often "warns" us about paywalls at some sites he shares -- and I'm glad he does, but others of us seem to have no access problem at those same sites; here's one example -- [www.altamontpress.com].

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  UP Derailed on Cantara Loop? BN Oly 08-31-2021 - 20:16
  Re: UP Derailed on Cantara Loop? Jeff Moore 08-31-2021 - 20:34
  Re: UP Derailed on Cantara Loop? ? 08-31-2021 - 21:35
  Re: UP Derailed on Cantara Loop? John 09-01-2021 - 21:05
  "I saw . . . " -- Please help us by providing a link WebDigger 08-31-2021 - 22:30
  Re: "I saw . . . " -- Please help us by providing a link I Seen 09-01-2021 - 10:03
  Re: "I saw . . . " -- Please help us by providing a link BN Oly 09-01-2021 - 20:36
  Re: "I saw . . . " -- Please help us by providing a link WebDigger 09-01-2021 - 23:02

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com