TCI (The Childrens's Investment Fund) giving up on efforts for CSX control/change?
Author: Graham Buxton
Date: 02-21-2009 - 19:42

While cruising the net, I was surprised to see a week-old CSX/TCI story that had escaped my attention.

My interpretation of this is that TCI has enough problems elsewhere that now CSX is "small potatoes", and they are focusing elsewhere. Note that CSX clearly doesn't miss Hohn as they are reducing the size of their board so there will be no replacement.

[jacksonville.com]

Text below:

After waging a nearly year-long proxy fight to gain a seat on CSX Corp.’s board of directors, the managing partner of The Children’s Investment Fund will not seek reelection to the board at this year’s annual meeting.

Jacksonville-based CSX filed a statement with the Securities and Exchange Commission Thursday saying that Christopher Hohn has asked to not be included as a nominee for reelection.

Hohn told the company “this decision resulted from his responsibilities in managing his business interests,” the statement said.

Hohn was one of four representatives nominated by hedge funds TCI and 3G Capital Partners Ltd. to win election to CSX’s 12-member board in 2008. With Hohn not seeking reelection, CSX has decided to reduce the size of its board to 11 members.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  TCI (The Childrens's Investment Fund) giving up on efforts for CSX control/change? Graham Buxton 02-21-2009 - 19:42
  Re: TCI (The Childrens's Investment Fund) giving up on efforts for CSX control/change? Rich Hunn 02-22-2009 - 08:47

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com