Re: Harry Reid was SCUM!
Author: Mayo Clinic Dish
Date: 12-31-2021 - 19:44

CARSON CITY — Sen. Harry Reid on Tuesday called for “an adult conversation” about prostitution in Nevada, saying it is an impediment to economic development because it discourages businesses from moving here.

“Nevada needs to be known as the first place for innovation and investment – not as the last place where prostitution is still legal,” he said in a speech to the Nevada Legislature.

"We should do everything we can to make sure the world holds Nevada in the same high regard you and I do," Reid continued. "If we want to attract business to Nevada that puts people back to work, the time has come for us to outlaw prostitution."

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) used the nuclear option Thursday morning, meaning he called for a vote to change the Senate rules by a simple majority vote.

It passed, 52 to 48. Three Democrats voted against changing the rules — Sen. Carl Levin of Michigan, Joe Manchin of West Virginia and Mark Pryor of Arkansas.

“It’s time to change the Senate before this institution becomes obsolete,” Reid said in a lengthy floor speech on Thursday morning.

The debate over the filibuster — and specifically its use on D.C. Circuit nominees — has been raging for nearly a decade, stretching back to when George W. Bush was president and Democrats were in the minority.

But changing the Senate rules has always been avoided through a piecemeal deal, a gentleman’s agreement or a specific solution, not a historic change to the very fabric of the Senate.

But since Obama’s nomination, the “nuclear option” has reared its head three times in less than a year — each time getting closer to the edge.

Many in the Senate privately expected that this go-round would be yet another example of saber rattling, but Reid said pressure was increasing within his own party to change the rules.

The blockade of three consecutive nominees to a powerful appellate court was too much for Democrats to handle — and Reid felt compelled to pull the trigger, explaining that “this is the way it has to be.”

. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The lowered flags should have been for John
> Madden!

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  John Madden R.I.P. Ozol 12-28-2021 - 18:58
  His Fox special said they got the bus because Amtrak was too unreliable Holy Roller 12-28-2021 - 21:00
  I saw American flags at half staff today in his honor >:D 12-29-2021 - 13:13
  Re: I saw American flags at half staff today in his honor WAF 12-29-2021 - 19:04
  Re: I saw American flags at half staff today in his honor George Andrews 12-30-2021 - 05:59
  Harry Reid was SCUM! . 12-31-2021 - 18:46
  Re: Harry Reid was SCUM! 123 12-31-2021 - 19:43
  Re: Harry Reid was SCUM! Mayo Clinic Dish 12-31-2021 - 19:44

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com