Re: Freight trains could be rolling by October
Author: Nero Fiddles On
Date: 03-07-2009 - 10:38

So Nero just keeps on fiddling with his trains!

They are still building stuff where I live - Though not as much.

And while some of my neighbors have been laid off, others (mostly new move ins) have been recently hired. Some high tech companies around here are still hiring, it would seem. We will recover just fine - Here! -- after we stop relying upon Calphonyia as a business market.

MY point is - economic disaster has hit some places, but not everywhere. In many places, this is only a recession. In others, such as Caliphonyia, it's a . . . . .

And its going to get very much worse there - a disaster not seen since the fall of Rome. And since it was Caliphonia that led the nation (the whole damn world in fact) into the steepest crash in my sixty seven year lifetime - they deserve it!

At least in Caliphonyia's case, stupid became what stupid did!

I hear from my friends and neighbors still trapped there, that their greedy politicians are running the place into the ground - just won't stop spending money that no one has. Even in the face of economic disaster, they just couldn't resist taking even more - just sharply raised taxes across the board - to the point that businesses are contemplating closing, only because they can't pay up. Incredible, but the State's current deficit alone, is now bigger than their whole damn state budget was a mere ten years ago. Talk about excessive growth of gov't! I'm now hearing reports that store shelves in some places are beginning to bare (like in 1970, after huge gov't deficits ate up the whole GNP).

I got out while I could; but could not sell at any price; had to abandon my 1-1/2 acre lot, as the extremists that run the place refused a building permit. They decided that, even though they let my neighbors build on their similar lots, mine was one of the lots that was "too special" to build even a modest home on. While I was fighting this, they ran my employer out of town - eminent domained the company facility, tore it down, and left the land vacant (they didn't like my industry).

I understand all of this is quite common in Caliphonyia. I just read where, that out in river delta, whole 30 - 40 year old neighborhoods are being forced to tear down their homes, all because the law was recently changed to not allow houses in that area. Apparently, those same extremists that make these laws, don't believe in the American ideal of private property rights. All this is in fact, the sort of thing that keeps their real estate markets overbid (gov't usurped supply), which overbidding then keeps causing these market crashes (3rd one in twenty five years - and the worst)

Out of work, with my whole net worth gone (usurped), I had to leave! But it turned out to be the best darn thing ever happened to me - I'm doing fine now. They still let you build your dreams here. And construction of all sorts is still happening - though slowed.

I'd invite all-y'all here. But please! Promise me that you will leave the extremism and left wing BS behind. We're doing just fine here - without it!

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Freight trains could be rolling by October david 03-03-2009 - 18:42
  Re: Freight trains could be rolling by October Drew Jacksich 03-03-2009 - 19:18
  Re: Freight trains could be rolling by October Sam Reeves 03-04-2009 - 19:01
  Re: Freight trains could be rolling by October Alf Doten 03-04-2009 - 20:57
  Re: Freight trains could be rolling by October rrrailfan 03-06-2009 - 11:31
  Re: Freight trains could be rolling by October BOB2 03-06-2009 - 12:26
  Re: Freight trains could be rolling by October Nero Fiddles On 03-07-2009 - 10:38

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com