Submitted For Your Approval - Fifty-ninth Installment
Author: D. B. Arthur
Date: 05-22-2022 - 23:19

Here's another photo of the American Freedom Train on display at Anaheim Stadium, parked on track that no longer exists. The slide mount is date stamped for January of 1976. I saw the train at the L.A. County fairgrounds in Pomona, Anaheim Stadium and San Juan Capistrano. When it was on display at Pomona, it was close to Christmas time and they decorated the front of the 4449 to look a little like Santa Claus. I'll see if I can find the photo of it. When it was on display at San Juan Capistrano, it was a little challenging for crowd control as the train was spotted right next to an active mainline. The lawyers and liability insurance people would have ulcers over the prospect of doing something like that today.

https://i.ibb.co/mz0WZbM/19760132-009.jpg

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Submitted For Your Approval - Fifty-ninth Installment D. B. Arthur 05-22-2022 - 23:19
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Fifty-ninth Installment Peter D. 05-23-2022 - 14:10
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Fifty-ninth Installment D. B. Arthur 05-23-2022 - 14:54
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Fifty-ninth Installment Peter D. 05-23-2022 - 16:23

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com