Re: Why no Metrolink June 17th ??? Less midday service...
Author: BOB2
Date: 06-20-2022 - 05:22

George Andrews Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was in SoCal for Fathers Day; wanted to ride
> Fullerton / LA roundtrip Friday June 17th. At
> Fullerton Station appx. 11AM the readerboard
> stated " No Metrolink trains for next 3 hours. "
> Was this a normal schedule gap, or due to
> trackwork, or derailment, or ???

ML seems to have no midday/noon services inbound or outbound on the OC and 91/Perris lines these days. While most peak services have been restored, there is now a huge midday gap both directions at Fullerton in ML services. Massive transit operating "service level" cuts, and failure to restore some of the cuts, to bus, rail, and commute transit services, have also been a problem for ridership and connectivity on all Sou Cal transit systems. And the resulting passenger losses from these cuts, have been well beyond the "temporary" impacts from Covid. If there are not any "real' frequent or convenient bus or train services to use for your trip, it can make it real hard for most "real" people to actually use the trains or buses for their actual travel needs.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Why no Metrolink June 17th ??? George Andrews 06-19-2022 - 20:34
  Re: Why no Metrolink June 17th ??? Duffus 06-19-2022 - 20:50
  Re: Why no Metrolink June 17th ??? Less midday service... BOB2 06-20-2022 - 05:22
  Re: Why no Metrolink June 17th ??? Less midday service... Duffus 06-20-2022 - 09:03
  Re: How do you know what I ride Nancy? I have an Amtrak pass sweetpea.... BOB2 06-20-2022 - 10:57
  Re: How do you know what I ride Nancy? I have an Amtrak pass sweetpea.... Boob2 06-22-2022 - 12:03
  Re: Nancy must be mad a me....... BOB2 06-24-2022 - 16:08

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com