Re: Marty Quaas 1960s & 1970s UP, ATSF So Cal Images + More
Author: Peter D.
Date: 03-22-2009 - 10:34

These are cool! Yes. I am 51 and would have been a kiddie on the special! Nice time span and the consist shots are handy to see what a freight train consist looked like for a period of time. I didn't know, old wooden box cars were still on the rails in the early sixtie's. And iced reefers. What date for mechanical reefers? Mostly forty foot box cars until what? 1968? And not many big covered hoppers until the seventies? And the auto's! Smile! I was riding around in an old Chevy coup, with out the back seat, my Mom had. Seat belts? LOL!
If you have time, post some more up please. At the time, I was not taking much notice, but can see, it was a most colorful time on the railroads......
Peter

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Marty Quaas 1960s & 1970s UP, ATSF So Cal Images + More Freericks 03-20-2009 - 19:25
  Re: Marty Quaas 1960s & 1970s UP, ATSF So Cal Images + More Exespee 03-20-2009 - 20:00
  Re: Marty Quaas 1960s & 1970s UP, ATSF So Cal Images + More Peter D. 03-22-2009 - 10:34

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com