Re: No more Muggs Away Mooning Amtrak?
Author: local tradition
Date: 04-08-2009 - 11:55

In regards to the Mooning of the Amtrak and "Laguna Niguel City Council Adopts New Ordinances", I would like to first say I have been attending this "local tradition" for about 10 years now and I am only 30. After the outrageous behavior I witnessed last year, I completely agree with the city to still keep the tradition alive, but discourage out of towners (mainly college kids) that are only there to cause problems to not come to this event and participate.

When I saw naked girls in the street w/ beer bongs blocking traffic who had no intentions of mooning the amtrak or probably even know why they were there, I was disgusted and I am not a prude by any means, trust me. This is just the wrong place for that kind of uncontrolled behavior. To many of the locals, and I’m saying there are more people over the age of 55 there than young people until this past year, this is something special to us as a community and to have it ruined by disrespectful “kids” is a slap to our quaint little town.

However, I do not think prohibiting the parking of RV's is the answer to any of the problems - 1. There are bathrooms in the RV's (so that cuts down on people peeing in public) 2. It has kept many people from driving drunk, because they crash in a trailer instead of trying to drive home 3. The people who have the RV's parked on the side of the streets are a big part of how and why the streets get cleaned up the next day. The owners of these RV's respect this tradition and want to see it kept alive and they take the time to clean up the next day.

I would much rather see you discourage underage drinking (by ticketing or the threatening of ticketing to underage drinkers) and discourage parents from bringing their children down to the Amtrak mooning, rather than abolishing drinking all together. In case everyone forgot, this is a tradition based upon a bet that happened in bar over alcohol nearly 30 years ago…. It really isn’t a place for children or the underage “partiers”.

In term, I thank the city of Laguna Niguel for enforcing some guidelines, but instead of sending the notice out to the local people, they need to be blasting this to colleges in LA County, San Diego County, and even Orange County and on Myspace and Facebook and all those places the people that don’t belong and are not wanted hang out.

We have been very fortunate to be able to continue this for as long as we have, and are we still are fortunate that the city WANTS to keep this alive and not shut it down completely. Anybody thinking of coming down needs to read the following website fully & completely first [www.moonamtrak.org]

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  No more Muggs Away Mooning Amtrak? The Real OC 03-24-2009 - 09:21
  Re: No more Muggs Away Mooning Amtrak? TT 03-25-2009 - 12:56
  Re: No more Muggs Away Mooning Amtrak? George Andrews 03-25-2009 - 14:11
  Re: No more Muggs Away Mooning Amtrak? jst3751 03-25-2009 - 23:00
  Re: No more Muggs Away Mooning Amtrak? George Andrews 03-26-2009 - 15:19
  Re: No more Muggs Away Mooning Amtrak? local tradition 04-08-2009 - 11:55

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com