Re: RR union says no to deal
Author: xyz
Date: 10-11-2022 - 05:45

The only reason I will not apply for a RR train crew job are the complaints I hear about taking time off. I don’t know if the complaints are exaggerated but it sounds crappy that they can’t schedule a day off.

“About 56% of the track maintenance workers represented by the Brotherhood of Maintenance of Way Employes Division union who voted opposed the five-year contract even though it included 24% raises and $5,000 in bonuses. Union President Tony Cardwell said the railroads didn’t do enough to address worker concerns about the lack of paid time off — particularly sick time — and demanding working conditions after the major railroads eliminated nearly one-third of their jobs over the past six years.”

Surprised that MOW would be the group to object about scheduled time off. Thought they had regular day work.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  RR union says no to deal 9 10-10-2022 - 14:22
  I guess the Biden Administration was wrong...AGAIN! (what a surprise) , 10-10-2022 - 16:03
  Re: I guess the Biden Administration was wrong...AGAIN! (what a surprise) . 10-10-2022 - 20:25
  Re: I guess the Biden Administration was wrong...AGAIN! (what a surprise) CP Huntington 10-11-2022 - 03:49
  Re: I guess the Biden Administration was wrong...AGAIN! (what a surprise) . 10-11-2022 - 11:50
  Re: RR union says no to deal xyz 10-11-2022 - 05:45
  Re: RR union says no to deal George Andrews 10-11-2022 - 06:07
  Re: RR union says no to deal Wood Ply 10-11-2022 - 06:34

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com