Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred-sixty-eighth Installment
Author: D. B. Arthur
Date: 11-04-2022 - 10:14

Here's a photo I took on August 26, 1976, FORTY-SIX YEARS AGO, when I made a one-week trip to British Columbia and Alberta. On the 25th, I was originally planning on riding the British Columbia Railway's Royal Hudson tourist train from North Vancouver to Squamish and return, but that day's trip was cancelled due to a rock slide, so I made a one-day adventure to Vancouver Island and Victoria instead. It was an interesting day that included a bus ride where the bus was loaded onto a ferry. I was able to see the coal unloading facility at Roberts Bank as the ferry terminal is situated right next door at Tsawwassan.

Here we see the BCOL's Caribou Dayliner getting ready to depart the 1950s era North Vancouver station. Today's train would be making a round trip to Lillooet as part of daily service. Three-times-per-week the train continued beyond Lillooet to Prince George.

Since this photo was taken, almost all of the British Columbia Railway has been taken over by Canadian National, the only exception being a small division that serves Roberts Bank. The Caribou Dayliner has been discontinued and the passenger station in North Vancouver has been torn down.

E.T.T.S.

https://i.ibb.co/5GLMpxM/19760826-011-005.jpg

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred-sixty-eighth Installment D. B. Arthur 11-04-2022 - 10:14
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred-sixty-eighth Installment 90RE 11-04-2022 - 11:35
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred-sixty-eighth Installment john monhoff 11-04-2022 - 14:17
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred-sixty-eighth Installment GRD 11-04-2022 - 21:31

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com