Re: Passenger / freight and dark territory meets
Author: D. B. Arthur
Date: 11-14-2022 - 22:06

Anon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Getting caught up on this recent series of photos. Obviously it was not against operating rules to mix passenger and freight on unsignaled track. As a non-railroader, I find that interesting and surprising.

It was actually quite common and there are still situations where that is the case. The VIA Rail train to Churchill is one that I thought of off the top of my head that meets that description. I believe the Amtrak trains to St. Albans and Burlington, VT operate on dark track.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred-seventy-first Installment D. B. Arthur 11-13-2022 - 07:42
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred-seventy-first Installment GRD 11-13-2022 - 11:02
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred-seventy-first Installment SDP45 11-14-2022 - 10:39
  Passenger / freight and dark territory meets Anon 11-14-2022 - 20:22
  Re: Passenger / freight and dark territory meets D. B. Arthur 11-14-2022 - 22:06
  Re: Passenger / freight and dark territory meets Dr Zarkoff 11-14-2022 - 23:06

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com