Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred-seventy-seventh Installment
Author: D. B. Arthur
Date: 11-28-2022 - 13:45

Here's a photo I took on August 26, 1976, FORTY-SIX YEARS AGO, when I made a one-week trip to British Columbia and Alberta.

While on my layover in Lillooet, we see one of the Budd cars and the general scene. The station building was razed sometime after my visit and replaced with a more modern structure.

On the return journey, I have memories of a conversation with a BCOL track worker who was making his way back to civilization to go to the Company hospital as he had injured his back while replacing a tie with manual labor. We were having our discussion near a vestibule or other area with an open door and while we were traveling through the posh suburbs of West Vancouver, he leaned out and relieved himself of some of the beer he had been consuming earlier during the trip.

It's weird how I remember something like that from forty-six years ago but I can't remember what I had for breakfast two days ago.

https://i.ibb.co/RSsQvvW/19760826-013-016.jpg

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred-seventy-seventh Installment D. B. Arthur 11-28-2022 - 13:45
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred-seventy-seventh Installment Klew 11-28-2022 - 13:50
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred-seventy-seventh Installment D. B. Arthur 11-28-2022 - 14:07
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred-seventy-seventh Installment Visitor 11-28-2022 - 21:18
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred-seventy-seventh Installment D. B. Arthur 11-28-2022 - 22:41
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred-seventy-seventh Installment Visitor 11-29-2022 - 22:13
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred-seventy-seventh Installment Peter D. 11-30-2022 - 08:09

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com