Re: How many SP employees are left at UP? Not as many as there used to be....?
Author: BOB2
Date: 02-09-2023 - 13:58

Richard Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just wondering how many SP employees are left at
> UP now days, Will the former grandfather contracts
> stay?
> BOB2 do you know?

Not as many as there used to be... The only thing I have grandfathered is my Retiree Amtrak pass. And the LOSSAN line to San Luis Obispo is repaired and operating again.

I reaooy would have no idea, everybody I still know is retired from UP though, but I left about 8 years before the merger. So somebody like RWF or others who served a "full sentence" and retired from UP might have a better idea.

And more recent retiree's like that might have an idea of how much of the old union agreements have been "grandfathered" with former SP retiree's on UP. I didn't see anyone of them getting anything like the old PE engineers got for merging with SP.

I suppose it depends on how many folks SP hired in the 80's and 90's, since most folks from before about 1985 or so are probably almost all gone.

Most of the former SP guys I know of by name and/or reputation, from things like the SPHS&TS roster are retired now, and/or went to work for other carriers, or to other careers.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  How many SP employees are left at UP? Richard 02-09-2023 - 13:12
  Re: How many SP employees are left at UP? Not as many as there used to be....? BOB2 02-09-2023 - 13:58
  Re: How many SP employees are left at UP? Not as many as there used to be....? theconductor 02-09-2023 - 20:22
  Re: How many SP employees are left at UP? Not as many as there used to be....? UP Is Your Friend 02-10-2023 - 10:10
  Re: How many SP employees are left at UP? Not as many as there used to be....? Doug Smith 02-10-2023 - 14:06
  Re: No, but I've met Pineapple... BOB2 02-11-2023 - 09:38
  Re: No, but I've met Pineapple... Doug Smith 02-11-2023 - 14:32

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com