Re: NO Bidey-Bux for PalmDale Detour? I love it when Mouse doesn't even bother to read the story before rewriting the title...
Author: BOB2
Date: 04-05-2023 - 09:36

Re: Bidey-Bux for PalmDale Detour?
Author:
Date: 04-04-2023 - 12:27

Too many productive members of the state fleeing so the rest of the country must pay for Sacramento’s mismanagement.

I love it when Mouse is too lazy to read and makes himself look like a fool.

I love it even more when Nancy makes these kind of comments without reading it either.

Actually this is a whine fest from a suppporter of the project that is upset that there are NO "Bidey-Bux" for the CAHSRA's "runaway money train"... The CA legislature and Feds have told the dysfunctional CAHSRA to quite lying to folks and finish the first segment before with the money they had already been given, before coming back for more money.

Of course, that was before the latest 40% cost increase of $10 billion, on top of the previous $25 billion for a whopping $35 billion total... And, I know it goes faster than Brightline, and it's in "earthquake" country.... So let's double the cost of Brightline for going twide as fast, and let's "double" that "new total" again for earthquake construction...

So, me just being a dumb transportation economist, who's done cost work on things like the proposed Coachella rail line, and freeway construction costs for earthquake mitigation, let's play a little "what if" game... Let's do a "contingency cost" comparison differences between Brighline and the CAHSRA, that can help us understand added costs from higher speeds and earthquake construction...

So that's $3.5 billion times 2, for 7 billion, and then let's double that for earthquake construction costs... And, geez, that comes to almost the original $14 billion bloated original estimate we started with back in 2008 for "Chowchilla to Wasco"... And now, we have a CAHSRA fiasco that has only ballooned to ten times the cost per mile of Brightline...

But BOB2, didn't you say construction costs "can" as much as triple from 125 to 250? Yes, so let's do that, to give my critics their best case.... And it comes to $22.5 billion... A cool $12.5 billion under the current recent new bloated price tag of $35 billion

As noted previously, it's not the proposed project speeds that makes the biggest difference betweenCAHSRA and Brightline, and it's not the earthquake cost that makes the CAHSRA different than Brightline. It is the sheer incompetence, waste, and mismanagement of the CAHSRA that really makes it different from Brightline.

And, 15 years into segment one of CAHSRA there is still no evidence that the CAHSRA fiasco has learned anything, except how to keep lying to the legislature and the taxpayers who are being fleeced, and beggin like for more "Bidey-Bux" with lame, and NOT getting any in this budget cycle....

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Bidey-Bux for PalmDale Detour? v 04-04-2023 - 11:48
  Re: Bidey-Bux for PalmDale Detour? 04-04-2023 - 12:27
  Re: NO Bidey-Bux for PalmDale Detour? I love it when Mouse doesn't even bother to read the story before rewriting the title... BOB2 04-05-2023 - 09:36

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com