Re: Evil Thomas swooped down off of the tracks and snatched another precious life-at least according to this headline....
Author: FUD
Date: 05-16-2023 - 20:34

That line: "Firefighters said the train left the scene..." - so they're going to charge the engineer with hit & run? Totally stupid local news.

Metrolink obviously issued a bunch of Uber vouchers.

I think 113 usually changes ends at Burbank Airport and heads back downtown anyway. The number is vaguely familiar as one of the trippers that run out to Burbank then do some other main line run later, that I used to use to get back to the airport going home.

I've been there, on Amtrak, when a semi poked through the gates somewhere west of Davis and scraped the whole side of the train. Took us about 1/4 mile to stop - is that "leaving the scene?" Then they had to scare up a spare crew, which (with transport out to the boonies) accounted for most of the 3 hour delay. When there's a fatality, the "investigation" will take much longer.

Like for BART hitting that pickup truck yesterday?

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Metrolink 113 hit car at Cpldwater canyon, North Hollywood Steve 05-16-2023 - 15:44
  Emergency!!! Emergency!! Emergency!! Emergency!!! Emergency!! Emergency!! 05-16-2023 - 17:43
  Re: Emergency!!! Emergency!! Emergency!! Fed up 05-16-2023 - 17:55
  Re: Emergency!!! Emergency!! Emergency!! Steve 05-16-2023 - 18:16
  Re: Emergency!!! Emergency!! Emergency!! Steve 05-16-2023 - 18:28
  Re: Emergency!!! Emergency!! Emergency!! Ub Iwerks 05-16-2023 - 20:05
  Re: Evil Thomas swooped down off of the tracks and snatched another precious life-at least according to this headline.... BOB2 05-16-2023 - 20:19
  Re: Evil Thomas swooped down off of the tracks and snatched another precious life-at least according to this headline.... FUD 05-16-2023 - 20:34
  Re: Correction - not the train 113 I was misremembering FUD 05-16-2023 - 21:46
  Re: Correction - not the train 113 I was misremembering Duf 05-17-2023 - 12:45
  Re: Correction - not the train 113 I was misremembering FUD 05-17-2023 - 17:30
  Re: Evil Thomas swooped down off of the tracks and snatched another precious life-at least according to this headline.... I see Nancy is high on meth again. 05-18-2023 - 10:00

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com