Re: What passenger rail in SoCal could be (Video link)-- And the vast conspiracy to fund freeway improvement for safety at MTA....?
Author: BOB2
Date: 06-15-2023 - 15:05

R Ruiz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As someone who actually believes passenger trains
> are important, and not just nice, this long vid
> takes a pretty deep dive into showing what could
> be possible if we were serious about using them in
> Southern California. In the meantime, LA Metro
> innovates by breaking up freeway expansion
> projects into small pieces to avoid environmental
> review.
> [la.streetsblog.org]
> ft-funds-and-seek-grant-money-for-405-freeway-wide
> ning
>
>
> [www.youtube.com]

I like these visions of a more effective, frequent, fast, interregional rail system, with more routes and stations giving us all a more time competitive rail service for all of our many varied transportation needs, not just at commute times. This can also be done in many corridors at a cheaper cost per "butt mile" (aka passenger mile...) of new trips, both to build and operate, than building additional freeway lane capacity would cost to build and operate.

I've even spent a good part of my career working on a lot of just this sort of thing. So yeah, this is a good thing...

But I also have to admit, that I just love these vast "evil auto" conspiracy theories coming from Streetsblog... They are a real hoot to read... They remind me of the same kind of nutjob nonsense that spews forth from Mouse on the other end of "true believer" fringe spectrum...

These vast evil conspiracies by MTA, to keep us from wasting hundreds of millions of dollars in travel time delay stuck in avoidable traffic congestion, and to reduce hundreds of millions of dollars in costs from avoidable road accidents and injuries by installing weave and merge lanes between on-ramps (bringing them up to current operational and safety design standards..), must be stopped! And, that when the "revolution" is over, the comrades will round up those dastardly "evil" car fiends, so they can be properly punished for that kind of petite bourgeoisie thinking...

Recently one of their ilk, on a "new urbanist" chat link, called me a boomer "credentialist"...

To those not familiar with the phrase, "credentialist" or who have not heard of "cedentialism", it is apparently meant a "new-age" (rhymes with sewage...) kind of slur, about us evil "elites" who actually believe that getting an education, paying your dues by working your way up, and acquiring knowledge and experience is not only "elitist", but also completely unnecessary...

These anti "credentialist" folks seem to believe that your brain surgeon doesn't really need to go to a medical school, or do a residency, to perform their brain surgeries...

Which might explain quite a few of things about some of them...?

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  What passenger rail in SoCal could be (Video link) R Ruiz 06-15-2023 - 12:25
  Re: What passenger rail in SoCal could be (Video link)-- And the vast conspiracy to fund freeway improvement for safety at MTA....? BOB2 06-15-2023 - 15:05
  Re: What passenger rail in SoCal could be (Video link) R Ruiz 06-15-2023 - 18:00
  OT - Re: What passenger rail in SoCal could be (Video link) Out of stater 06-16-2023 - 11:37
  San Jose Roundhouse at Niles R Ruiz 06-17-2023 - 09:19
  Re: San Jose Roundhouse at Niles Out of stater 06-17-2023 - 09:31
  Re: What passenger rail in SoCal could be (Video link)-- And the vast conspiracy to fund freeway improvement for safety at MTA....? Wonderin' 06-18-2023 - 16:04
  Re: Do you have anything useful to actually contribute to the discussion? BOB2 06-19-2023 - 09:41
  Bob2 is the other chimp! Bob2.0 06-23-2023 - 16:47
  Re: Nancy is upset again... Must have run ourt of meth... BOB2 06-24-2023 - 21:59
  Re: Nancy is upset again... Must have run ourt of meth... Bob2.0 06-25-2023 - 07:05
  Re: Nancy is upset again... Must have run ourt of meth... BOB2 06-25-2023 - 11:35
  Re: Nancy is upset again... Must have run ourt of meth... BOB69 06-25-2023 - 12:10
  Re:One for Bob2 : Highway construction wisdom? Chris Walker 06-25-2023 - 18:13
  Re: Re:One for Bob2 : Highway construction wisdom? FUD 06-26-2023 - 04:54

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com