Submitted For Your Approval * Two-hundred-thirty-fourth Installment
Author: D. B. Arthur
Date: 11-10-2023 - 20:44

Here's a photo I took on February 19, 1996, TWENTY-SEVEN YEARS AGO, of eastbound NdeM Train 110 in the town of Atencingo, Puebla, Mexico off-loading some passengers at the architecturally-impressive station. The train ran from Mexico City to Puebla via Cuatla (KP 157) and Atencingo (KP 97).

The line was originally narrow gauge and was converted to standard gauge in, I believe, 1973. Steam lasted until 1968.

The train has been discontinued, the tracks have been torn up, and the growing city has covered up most of the abandoned right-of-way. The station has been turned into a community center.

Cut and paste the following words (the stuff between the asterisks) into GOOGLE maps and you'll be presented with several photos of the station and the surrounding area showing how it looks today:

Atencingo - Antigua Estación del Ferrocarril Interoceánico
M Ocampo 4, La Paz, 74583 Atencingo, Pue., Mexico

[maps.app.goo.gl]

https://i.ibb.co/PwBLTBW/19960219-002-027-Atencingo-Puebla-KP-97.jpg

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Submitted For Your Approval * Two-hundred-thirty-fourth Installment D. B. Arthur 11-10-2023 - 20:44
  Oops D. B. Arthur 11-10-2023 - 21:00

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com