Re: Another "hairless bipedal chimp" hits a bridge and explodes as train passes over.... Yep, that's what the chimps can do...
Author: BOB2
Date: 12-23-2023 - 12:18

I get lectured a lot by the "do gooder" "true believer" "new urbanists" who complain that "evil" car drivers kill "poor" "innocent" pedestrians and bicylists, even though nearly half of pedestrian, and nearly 40% of bike fatalities are legally under the influece at the time they died, doing something stupid crossing a street or riding a bike.

They "believe" that the evil motorist is the only one who is being stupid... "And, they should obey the laws... (not us when we run stop signs on our bikes, of course)...

When I did work on 5 yeast of truck accident data and major incident response planning on our freeway systems in the 90's. I was always impressed by the range of "dumb chimp' truck driving behaviors, from reading and entering the data on the accident histories we created, that were the underlying cause of a disproportionate number of truck accidents.

Years of observing the causes of all kinds of transportation accidents, and using data based planning (using observed "chimp" accident cause behaviors) to prevent unanticipated mayhem, using "worst case" transportation safety parameters, have not improved my opinion of amazing range of "worst case" chimp driving behaviors. In this case not remembering his bridge clearance, or paying sufficient attention to his enviroment, and whatever warning should have been here.

The driver was badly burned... I hope he recovers...

One can only imagine how this could have gotten even worse, it could have happened under a stopped cut of fracking oil loads?????

The "chimps" tend to "all too often" go on "auto pilot" when driving. And our internal "chimp" "auto pilot" is often just as bad as Tesla's, in assessing "confusing" things like clearances... Our own internal "chimp" computer can be just as bad as Google Maps can sometimes be at making route guidance choices, too...

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Another Mensa trucker hits bridge and explodes as train passes over. Smart enough to be a coach? Caught on youtube 12-22-2023 - 18:32
  Re: Another "hairless bipedal chimp" hits a bridge and explodes as train passes over.... Yep, that's what the chimps can do... BOB2 12-23-2023 - 12:18

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com