Re: Due to high traffic Trainorders.com is currently closed to non-members.
Author: Reality
Date: 01-02-2024 - 15:58

The site owner mentioned how much bandwidth AI bots suck up at times as they try to gather info and "learn" things. He did mention during times when such use became egregious he may be forced to close the site to non-members as a preventive measure.

I'd say this is the better possibility, although that message makes it sound like too many people have come to hear what 484 has to say, or more likely, he overloaded the site on his very own.

FWIW, I think about all a bot could "learn" there is that Amtrak sucks, the car windows are dirty, and fat old men demand a diner on every train. Oh, and let's not forget that yesterday was the last day of the MRL's existence. Good heavens!

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Due to high traffic Trainorders.com is currently closed to non-members. Oh My 01-02-2024 - 15:35
  Re: Due to high traffic Trainorders.com is currently closed to non-members. Reality 01-02-2024 - 15:58
  Re: Due to high traffic Trainorders.com is currently closed to non-members. Jose 01-02-2024 - 19:56
  Re: Due to high traffic Trainorders.com is currently closed to non-members. speed bump 01-02-2024 - 22:14
  I can live without TO. Happy New Year to Synonymouse! . 01-03-2024 - 09:53
  Re: I can live without TO. Happy New Year to Synonymouse! s 01-03-2024 - 13:48
  Re: I can live without TO. Happy New Year to Synonymouse! . 01-03-2024 - 17:03

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com