Re: Railfans keep out sign
Author: Nussel Snouts
Date: 02-01-2024 - 22:06

One time my father and I were nosing around the Milwaukee Road yards in Tacoma and part of that adventure included climbing aboard a set of Boxcab electrics that were out of service for good. I noticed the brass bell pull handle and wondered if we could get permission to have it before being scrapped. So my father asked someone in charge and received the needed permission.
Over a couple decades later my father, brother and I visited the Lake Superior RR Museum and toured their set of Boxcabs. I noticed the bell pull was missing on the cab locomotive and thought about the one at home. A couple years passed when I contacted the museum by letter and asked if the bell pull was missing or stored to prevent theft. The reply was no, it was unfortunately missing.
With that information I boxed up the bell pull with its original brass attachment screw and a letter referring to our previous correspondence. I advised they attach the screw with Loctite.
Later received an appreciative letter saying it was installed and will be able to see it in place on our next visit. Hope it is still there after all these years.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Railfans “keep out” sign Yep 01-31-2024 - 13:30
  Railfans "keep out" sign divarty 01-31-2024 - 17:06
  Railfans keep out sign Kcjones 01-31-2024 - 17:45
  Re: Railfans keep out sign Mike Davis 02-01-2024 - 10:42
  Re: Railfans keep out sign Nussel Snouts 02-01-2024 - 22:06

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com