1989? In the blink of an eye, time passes... And the original party in 1939, thanks to Ward Kimball
Author: BOB2
Date: 02-14-2024 - 11:02

BOB2 running an 0-6-0 on Alameda Street?

LMAO wise guy...

SW-7's on the Street job and the Rathole, until we got SW1500's is more like it...

Meanwile, I'm drinking coffee out of my 50th anniversary LAUPT mug this morning...

And, thanks for those great videos Bruce...

It even reveals my secret identity in one of the, videos... And, one can identify from some of these many great folks who are no longer with us... It was a great truly "once in a lifetime" event, I was fortunate enough to attend. It was also the launching of a new era with the coming of Metrolink, then the Red Line, then the Gold Line, and now finally the regional connector...

And for more film footage of BOB2 running his 0-6-0, thank Ward Kimball...

Ward Kimball films of LAUPT 1939 rail parade on Alameda Street

Just a little view from the perspective of my 0-6-0...

Thanks for posting all of those...

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Los Angeles Union Station celebrating 85th anniversary El Gringo 02-14-2024 - 00:36
  Re: Los Angeles Union Station celebrating 85th anniversary Bruce Kelly 02-14-2024 - 08:30
  1989? In the blink of an eye, time passes... And the original party in 1939, thanks to Ward Kimball BOB2 02-14-2024 - 11:02
  Re: 1989? In the blink of an eye, time passes... And the original party in 1939, thanks to Ward Kimball El Gringo 02-15-2024 - 17:08

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com