Re: Submitted For Your Approval * Two-hundred-forty-ninth Installment
Author: R.A. Phillips
Date: 03-20-2024 - 09:44

Excellent picture DBA! Thanks for sharing it. I miss both the SP and the BN. I didn't become a BN fan until I started seeing SP lease the Remotes from BN to experiment with them in the mid-1970s. I was hooked on BN after that, especially with their green and white paint scheme. Also was impressed that BN put their name and logo on everything, including 6 volt lantern batteries! Also, I like the "DF" logo on the 2nd car in the consist. These Subs. are no longer fun to railfan anymore, all you see are Passenger Trains. Unless there is a different paint scheme or Private car in the consist, as some railfans have said, "you've seen one modern Passenger Train, you've seen them all!"
UP will never sell the Coast and Santa Barbara Subdivisions for a couple of reasons. 1, they want an alternate route if they need to detour traffic when the route through the Valley is blocked. 2, they don't want another Railroad like BNSF to get their hands on those routes. I have heard that UP Marketing and Sales is working on some new business for these Subs., but I can't disclose any details. If what they are working on eventually comes to pass, you'll hear about it.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Submitted For Your Approval * Two-hundred-forty-ninth Installment D. B. Arthur 03-19-2024 - 23:19
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval * Two-hundred-forty-ninth Installment ke6qr 03-20-2024 - 07:42
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval * Two-hundred-forty-ninth Installment R.A. Phillips 03-20-2024 - 09:44
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval * Two-hundred-forty-ninth Installment FUD 03-20-2024 - 10:55
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval * Two-hundred-forty-ninth Installment GRD 03-20-2024 - 11:20
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval * Two-hundred-forty-ninth Installment WAF 03-20-2024 - 15:54
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval * Two-hundred-forty-ninth Installment anon 03-20-2024 - 18:46

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com