Submitted For Your Approval * Two-hundred-fifty-first Installment
Author: D. B. Arthur
Date: 04-11-2024 - 21:19

On March 9, 1997 I made the 15-hour trip from Monterrey to Durango on NdeM Train 175-180-88. From Monterrey to Torreón our train was made up of NDM GP35 8254, ABOX 50017, express car NDM 1517 and Segunda coach NDM 4609. The express car was set out at Paredón. The single coach was crowded, as it was the time when NdeM ran short trains, hoping that everyone would switch to buses. The photo shows the train in the siding at Tizoc, Coahuila to meet an eastbound freight train. The siding was already occupied by a westbound freight train, so the passenger train entered behind it, met the eastbound, and then backed out of the siding and continued west. We also took siding at Sauceda to meet another freight. Looking at aerial photographs on the Internet, it appears that Tizoc siding has been removed in the TWENTY-SEVEN years since I took this photo.

Long live the NdeM!

https://i.ibb.co/yypFJ9t/19970309-13-031-Tizoc-COA-KP-732-tj.jpg

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Submitted For Your Approval * Two-hundred-fifty-first Installment D. B. Arthur 04-11-2024 - 21:19
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval * Two-hundred-fifty-first Installment Willie 04-12-2024 - 11:53
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval * Two-hundred-fifty-first Installment Lite Brite 04-13-2024 - 17:52
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval * Two-hundred-fifty-first Installment D. B. Arthur 04-15-2024 - 08:56

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com