Re: Coleman Randall at Winterail-2007 ?????
Author: OldPoleBurner
Date: 03-12-2007 - 00:23

Who the H cares - why don't all-ya-all just save yur foamin for the trains. I can see how banal questions might annoy some, but so what - its a free country, don't read them. Besides, Coleman's questions often start interesting conversations.

They're hardly as obnoxious as observing some foamer froth at the mouth over a simple question; or walk the cockwalk at some railfan gathering - trying to show who is better, or smarter, or in "Official Charge", or best picture taker, or ..... ..... WHO CARES!

As to Coleman's previous complaint about the UP steam people, any number of things could have happened. Being employed in the rail industry, I can say I have witnessed so many pushy, self-entitled, or otherwise obnoxious railfans that I have no problem imagining that after a full day of it, anyone on the UP steam team could become a little short - easily annoyed. Then the next railfan, no matter how nice (or not), gets an earful, or snubbed - it's too bad.

As for myself; I was born a railfan, and like my forefathers, became a railroader as well; for the love of the profession, and the technology; and because I believe it in. My children and grandchildren also love railroading. For this reason, I WILL involve my family in all such pursuits. I will not go railfanning without them. We do manage to go together much of the time, but not where they will be exposed to low-life behavior.

But if these intolerant or otherwise obnxious behaviors were not so much a part so many railfan gatherings, I could bring my wife and kids out to them. Some in the forum have worried about the decline of the hobby. Now think about it; the hobby will grow only if new people engage it it. Who will that be but the next generation?

However, women and children aren't likely to become interested or stay involved if they are treated badly, or have to witness the typical railfan spectical. They then won't even come with us. How then will the next generation learn to love railroading as we do. Without them, there soon won't any railfans at all.

All these personal attacks on certain indivduals are so typical of many a railfan venue. This website has heretofore been better than most. Let's keep it that way - and dispence with the personal negativity and just shoot the breeze about railroading. Let all contribute, banal questions and all.

OPB

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Coleman Randall at Winterail-2007 ????? Cain Rock Yardmaster 03-10-2007 - 07:27
  Re: Coleman Randall at Winterail-2007 ????? Roger 03-10-2007 - 09:40
  Re: Coleman Randall at Winterail-2007 ????? E 03-10-2007 - 22:02
  Re: Coleman Randall at Winterail-2007 ????? CoachRider 03-10-2007 - 22:42
  Re: Coleman Randall at Winterail-2007 ????? Cain Rock Yardmaster 03-11-2007 - 00:38
  Re: Coleman Randall at Winterail-2007 ????? CoachRider 03-11-2007 - 10:09
  Re: Coleman Randall at Winterail-2007 ????? Cain Rock Yardmaster 03-11-2007 - 11:21
  Re: Coleman Randall at Winterail-2007 ????? Coleman Randall (The actual one) 03-21-2007 - 16:31
  Re: Coleman Randall at Winterail-2007 ????? Stu Pidaso 03-11-2007 - 22:41
  Re: Coleman Randall at Winterail-2007 ????? OldPoleBurner 03-12-2007 - 00:23
  Re: Coleman Randall at Winterail-2007 ????? Grrr 03-12-2007 - 07:38
  And the verdict on APS or lack of, at Winter Rail was??? Crewman 03-12-2007 - 15:21

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com