Amtrak 1974 lobby posters/timetable
Author: Steven D. Johnson
Date: 09-08-2009 - 01:55

Greetings,
I've made an attempt, but was bogged down with non-pertinent links and information. I am trying to locate information regarding Amtrak's May 10, 1974 timetable posters. I once owned the Northwest poster; pulled from the San Bernardino agency. I keep getting useless info, narcissistic banter and cash-starved links.

Not yet found the real deal that gives more historical info regarding the four posters, the artists, technical specifications, printer and the availbility of each.

If you're not entirely familiar: there were four posters, each emphasizing the four basic regions of North America: the Northwest (Mule deer broad over-lay with F-unit headed train running right to left through antlers; green, blue and earth as primary colors), the Northeast (Liberty bell influence; capitol building silouette, with cityscape emphasis; cyan, deep magenta background and green highlights) with apparently a Turboliner running left to right, also the Southeast; with Flamingos and Disneyworld dominating a red and orange spread. Finally, the Southwest, with the incorrectly placed Cherokee-inspired headress and mayan mosaic pattern influenced by red, brown and deep blue highlights.

I'd like to attain all four of these posters, and would like anyone's input.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Amtrak 1974 lobby posters/timetable Steven D. Johnson 09-08-2009 - 01:55
  Re: Amtrak 1974 lobby posters/timetable Freericks 09-10-2009 - 04:14
  Re: Amtrak 1974 lobby posters/timetable Ed Von Nordeck 09-10-2009 - 13:36

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com