Bethelehem PA 1977 - The unique Conrai [sic] U-Boat
Author: Freericks
Date: 10-09-2009 - 22:57

Sharing two shots from Bethlehem, PA taken while railfanning with my dad in 1977. I know these are similar shots, and will look like the same train at first glance, but they’re not.

First train is a big U-Boat leading a train from Saucon Yard crossing Third Street. Just about nothing in this shot is still there. The branch has been cut (although this crossing does still exist). All of the buildings have been bulldozed. The little lantern type warning on the crossing gate are long gone.

[www.railpictures.net]

Second shot is the one-of-a-kind “Conrai” U-Boat, with my dad in the shot. We had both run to get this going away image of light engines heading to Saucon at the same spot. That’s Dad trying to get a shot off. Based on my search of his negatives, I don’t think he pulled it off.

[www.railpictures.net]

Thanks for looking and corrections are welcome.

Charles Freericks

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Bethelehem PA 1977 - The unique Conrai [sic] U-Boat Freericks 10-09-2009 - 22:57
  Re: Bethelehem PA 1977 - The unique Conrai [sic] U-Boat Mike Swanson 10-11-2009 - 19:20

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com