SP 4449 Thanks to all making it happen!!
Author: Daniel M.
Date: 10-22-2009 - 08:16

With the success and conclusion of this SP 4449 trip, I would like to personally thank everyone and all the host railroads such as Amtrak, BNSF Railway and others for all their support to make such a historic trip happen!! Thousands and thousands of people who would normally never get to experience this beautiful piece of American history roll by in her full glory had a once in a lifetime experience im sure none will forget anytime soon! A big THANKYOU also must go to the man who had continued to maintain this locomotive for 35 years Doyle McCormack and the other dedicated volunteers of 4449. Steve Sandburg and the Milw 261 crew also deserve a round of applause for all of their support! I am certain SP 4449 has more advertures to concure in the future as the amazing track record just speaks for itself with the excellent leadership of Doyle and great work of the volunteers. I am hoping that soon we might see her return to her home territory run once again on the California coastline and although I know this track is owned by Union Pacific and they have certain steam policies, another double header of UP 844 with SP 4449 could possibly make that happen?? Hey SP IS todays UP so there is your heritage! This trip shows that anything is possible and never buy into the nay sayers mentality.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  SP 4449 Thanks to all making it happen!! Daniel M. 10-22-2009 - 08:16
  Re: SP 4449 Thanks to all making it happen!! John 10-22-2009 - 09:26

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com