Re: How well do you know your obscure little RR's?
Author: steve
Date: 10-28-2009 - 18:44

Spoil sport! I guess that was too easy!

Jack, Tim and I spent a fall day up there in 1969. We got permission to walk out on the flume, as there would be no trains (can you image giving that to some high school kids today?) We did have an impressive bunch of cameras with us, maybe that helped!

It was very frosty, and walking along the planks, with water running fast the other way, just below our feet, made it quite challenging. When you add a drop of 15 or 20 feet on 1 side and 50 or a 100' on the other......

We walked out about 3 miles and got some pretty nice photos. About every mile, there was a shack built up against the hillside, with a crank style, oak phone on the wall! The incline was still in use at that point, man, was it steep! I wish I'd gotten some photos of the incline engine and cables.

Steve

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  How well do you know your obscure little RR's? Steve Thompson 10-28-2009 - 17:56
  Re: How well do you know your obscure little RR's? Dan 10-28-2009 - 18:23
  Re: How well do you know your obscure little RR's? steve 10-28-2009 - 18:44
  Re: How well do you know your obscure little RR's? Railbaron 10-28-2009 - 19:20
  Re: How well do you know your obscure little RR's? Steve Thompson 10-28-2009 - 19:50
  Video of the Electron Flume Railway and Incline Steve Thompson 10-28-2009 - 20:37

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com